Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Many of Artemis' products are effective against a wide range of viruses, including SARS-CoV-2, which causes COVID-19.
Please review the product listings or sell sheets for product-specific information, or contact us if you have any questions.
We recommend that you always follow directions on our safety data sheets (SDS) regarding the use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
At home, PPE are not required to mix or use any of our products. However, when applied at a commercial site, the PPE described on each SDS should be used to meet EPA and OSHA guidelines.
In addition to the directions provided in SDS, the proper use of PPE depends on the environment and contaminant you’re treating. We recommend that you always don PPE when treating an infected or contaminated area.
We make non-alcohol-based hand soap and sanitizer for numerous reasons:
1. Artemis’ foam-based soap and sanitizers have been tested and proven to be three times more effective than alcohol-based products against common germs and viruses.
2. Artemis products are 99% effective against many RNA viruses, including coronaviruses, Norovirus and Norwalk. Alcohol-based products are ineffective against RNA viruses.
3. Artemis soap and sanitizers do not dry out skin like alcohol-based products. Instead, our products moisturize skin while they kill germs.
4. Alcohol-based products are flammable. We scientifically engineered our products to be highly effective and able to be used in venues that do not allow flammable products, such as airports, subways and train stations.
5. Artemis soap and sanitizers are antiseptic and hypoallergenic, so they can be safely applied to scrapes and cuts without causing sting.
6. Alcohol-based sanitizers can stain a variety of surfaces and fabrics. Artemis sanitizers do not leave stains.
7. Most alcohol-based sanitizers are gels, which are known to harbor bacteria.
8. Artemis non-alcohol, foam-based soap and sanitizers are two to three-times more cost effective than alcohol-based gel santizers.
Yes, Artemis hand sanitizer is 99% effective against most common germs.
This study, published in American Journal of Infection Control concluded that the active ingredient in Artemis’ hand sanitizer, BZK (benzalkonium chloride), was nearly twice as effective as alcohol-based hand sanitizers when tested against Staphylococcus aureus.
Bio-Oxygen® Chem Decon is a unique, 2-part formula that is mixed together before use. Part A has an extensive and proprietary list of ingredients that decompose toxins. Part B is a commercial-grade Hydrogen Peroxide with penetration and oxidation properties.
When the two parts are mixed together, the result is a completely different chemical reaction than if the two were applied separately. During the time in which Bio-Oxygen® Chem Decon is applied (called the “dwell” time) to eradicate toxins, the properties of the two components degrade one another to the point of creating a hardened surface that consists mostly of alkali and per oxycarbonate. A portion of the alkali (carbonate) rearranges in a way to form a water-insoluble compound. This “barrier” creates an alkaline surface with a pH high enough (pH over 8) to inhibit growth of microorganisms.