Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Artemis products are highly effective against numerous viruses, bacteria, fungi and harmful chemicals, including the novel coronavirus that causes COVID-19.
A 2004, joint study by Sandia National Laboratories and Kansas State University showed complete inactivation against coronaviruses, such as SARS, after one minute of exposure to the Artemis Bio-Oxygen Chem Decon formula.
Artemis’ Defender line of products is included on EPA’s List N of approved disinfectants for novel coronavirus.
Yes. Artemis Bio-Solutions, LLC develops and provides products that are highly effective, safe and environmentally friendly when used as directed.
Always refer to product labels and safety data sheets before using any Artemis Bio-Solutions product.
Artemis products are non-toxic and non-hazardous, and we recommend that you always follow directions on our safety data sheets (SDS) regarding the use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
At home, PPE are not required to mix or use any of our products. However, when applied at a commercial site, the PPE described on each SDS should be used to meet EPA and OSHA guidelines.
In addition to the directions provided in SDS, the proper use of PPE depends on the environment and contaminant you’re treating. We recommend that you always don PPE when treating an infected or contaminated area.
We make non-alcohol-based hand soap and sanitizer for numerous reasons:
1. Artemis’ foam-based soap and sanitizers have been tested and proven to be three times more effective than alcohol-based products against common germs and viruses.
2. Artemis products are 99.999% effective against many RNA viruses, including coronaviruses, Norovirus and Norwalk. Alcohol-based products are ineffective against RNA viruses.
3. Artemis soap and sanitizers do not dry out skin like alcohol-based products. Instead, our products moisturize skin while they kill germs.
4. Alcohol-based products are flammable. We scientifically engineered our products to be highly effective and able to be used in venues that do not allow flammable products, such as airports, subways and train stations.
5. Artemis soap and sanitizers are antiseptic and hypoallergenic, so they can be safely applied to scrapes and cuts without causing sting.
6. Alcohol-based sanitizers can stain a variety of surfaces and fabrics. Artemis sanitizers do not leave stains.
7. Most alcohol-based sanitizers are gels, which are known to harbor bacteria.
8. Artemis non-alcohol, foam-based soap and sanitizers are two to three-times more cost effective than alcohol-gel products.
Yes, Artemis hand sanitizer is 99.999% effective against most common germs.
This study, published in American Journal of Infection Control concluded that the active ingredient in Artemis’ hand sanitizer, BZK (benzalkonium chloride), was nearly twice as effective as alcohol-based hand sanitizers when tested against Staphylococcus aureus.
Yes. Artemis Bio-Oxygen® products leave a residual barrier that is extremely resistant to growth of microorganisms, mold and algae. This “invisible barrier” is non-toxic, nonflammable and environmentally safe.
Industrial hygienists have tested microorganism spore activity before and after treatment with Artemis ’ Bio-Oxygen® products and found non-viable spore counts to be near zero on most sites.
Bio-Oxygen® Chem Decon is a unique, 2-part formula that is mixed together before use. Part A has an extensive and proprietary list of ingredients that decompose toxins. Part B is a commercial-grade Hydrogen Peroxide with penetration and oxidation properties.
When the two parts are mixed together, the result is a completely different chemical reaction than if the two were applied separately. During the time in which Bio-Oxygen® Chem Decon is applied (called the “dwell” time) to eradicate toxins, the properties of the two components degrade one another to the point of creating a hardened surface that consists mostly of alkali and per oxycarbonate. A portion of the alkali (carbonate) rearranges in a way to form a water-insoluble compound. This “barrier” creates an alkaline surface with a pH high enough (pH over 8) to inhibit growth of microorganisms.
Artemis Bio-Oxygen® Sani-Cloud IAQ and Bio-Oxygen® Chem Decon can be applied using a ULV sprayer-fogger, electrostatic sprayer or a Hudson-type sprayer. Coverage rates vary depending on the level of contamination and the device.
When using the Artemis MST Micro Sprayer-Fogger, one gallon of the mixed 2-part solution will treat approximately 2000 to 2500 square feet in a typical 8 ft. ceiling construction environment.
Coverage rates with an electrostatic sprayer vary from 3000 to 10000 sq. ft. per gallon.
In a typical Hudson sprayer, one gallon treats 800 to 1000 sq. ft.