Defender Disinfectant RTU
Defender Disinfectant RTU is an EPA-registered ready-to-use cleaner, disinfectant, virucide, fungicide, and deodorizer.
Defender Disinfectant RTU is an EPA-registered one-step2 hospital use disinfectant5, cleaner, fungicide, mildewstat, virucide*, staphylocidal7, pseudomonacidal8, salmonellacidal9, deodorizer, and soft surface sanitizer11,12 that is formulated to mitigate cross-contamination between treated surfaces in hospitals, schools, institutions, and industries.
- Kills SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19)2, Influenza Type A, and Human Coronavirus in just 1 minute
- Kills HIV-1, Hepatitis B Virus, and Hepatitis C Virus on pre-cleaned environmental surfaces and objects previously soiled with blood or bodily fluids
- Inhibits the growth of mold and mildew
- Cleans and disinfects hard, non-porous personal protective safety equipment, as well as firefighting bunker/turnout gear, gloves, boots, hoods, helmets, and air masks
- No phosphates, no sticky residue, and no masking of odors
Defender Disinfectant RTU may be applied via:
- Electrostatic spray2,5
- Trigger sprayer
- Mop and bucket
Defender Disinfectant RTU is effective against:
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Salmonella enterica (ATCC 10708)
- Staphylococcus aureus (ATCC 6538)
- Acinetobacter baumannii
- Burkholderia cepacia
- Campylobacter jejuni
- Corynebacterium ammoniagenes
- Enterobacter aerogenes
- Enterobacter cloacae NDM-1 positive
- Enterococcus faecalis
- Enterococcus faecalis- Vancomycin Resistant (VRE)
- Escherichia coli (ATCC 11229)
- Escherichia coli, New Delhi Metallo-Beta Lactamase (NDM-1) (ATCC BAA-2469)
- ESBL Escherichia coli – Extended spectrum beta-lactamase producing E. coli (CU-209)
- Klebsiella pneumoniae (ATCC 4352)
- Klebsiella pneumoniae – NDM-1 positive (CDC 1000527)
- Legionella pneumophilia
- Listeria monocytogenes
- Salmonella schottmuelleri (ATCC 10719)
- Salmonella typhi (ATCC 6539)
- Serratia marcescens (ATCC 274)
- Shigella dysenteriae (ATCC 9380)
- Staphylococcus aureus – Community Associated Methicillin-Resistant (CA-MRSA) (NRS384) (USA300)
- Staphylococcus aureus – Community Associated Methicillin-Resistant (CA-MRSA) (NRS123) (USA400)
- Staphylococcus aureus – Methicillin-Resistant (MRSA) (ATCC 33592)
- Staphylococcus aureus – Multi-Drug Resistant (resistant to tetracycline, penicillin, streptomycin and erythromycin and susceptible to chloramphenicol in vitro) (ATCC 14154)
- Staphylococcus aureus-Vancomycin Intermediate Resistant – (VISA) (CDC# HIP-5836)
- Streptococcus pyogenes (ATCC 12384)
- Vibrio cholerae (ATCC 14035)
- *Hepatitis B Virus (HBV)
- *Hepatitis C Virus (HCV)
- *Herpes Simplex Virus Type 1
- *Herpes Simplex Virus Type 2
- *HIV-1 (AIDS Virus)
- *Human Coronavirus (ATCC VR-740)
- *Influenza Virus Type A / H1N1 (CDC E-7 1/8/79)
- *Influenza Virus Type A / H3N2 (ATCC VR-544)
- *2013 Influenza A Virus H7N9
- *Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV)
- *SARS Associated Coronavirus (SARS)
- *SARS-Related Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) (cause of COVID-19)
- *Vaccinia Virus (Wyeth Strain)
- *Norwalk Virus (Feline Calicivirus)
- *Rotavirus (WA strain, University of Ottawa)
- Avian Infectious Bronchitis Virus (ATCC VR-22)
- Avian Influenza Virus H3N2 (ATCC VR-2072)
- Avian Influenza Virus H5N1 (Strain VNH5N1-PR8/CDC-RG, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Canine Distemper Virus
- Feline Calicivirus
- Murine Norovirus3 (MNV-1, Strain MNV-1.CW1)
- Newcastle’s Disease Virus (ATCC VR-108, Strain B1, Hitchner or Blacksburg)
- Pseudorabies Virus (Strain Aujesczkies, PT-1 origin, American Bioresearch Laboratories)
- Aspergillus niger4 (ATCC 6275)
- Aspergillus fumigatus (ATCC 36607)
- Trichophyton interdigitale
2 On hard, non-porous, non-food surfaces
3 Tested in deionized water
5 When used according to the disinfection directions
6 When used according to the sanitization directions
7 Staphylococcus aureus
8 Pseudomonas aeruginosa
9 Salmonella enterica
10 Allow the surface to adjust to room temperature before disinfection
11 Spot treatment of soft surfaces
12 When used according to the sanitization for soft surfaces directions
NOT FOR SALE IN CALIFONIA AND NEW YORK
EPA No. 6836-152-90920
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
DISINFECTION / VIRUCIDAL* / FUNGICIDAL / MOLD & MILDEW CONTROL DIRECTIONS
Apply Defender Disinfectant RTU undiluted to hard, non-porous surfaces, thoroughly wetting the surfaces with a cloth, mop, sponge, sprayer, or by immersion. Treated surfaces must remain visibly wet for 10 minutes. For Influenza Virus Type A, Human Coronavirus, and SARS-Cov-2 treated surfaces must remain visibly wet for 1 minute. Wipe dry with a cloth, sponge, or mop, or allow to air dry. For visibly soiled areas, a preliminary cleaning is required.
For sprayer applications, use a coarse spray device. Spray 6 – 8 inches from the surface. Avoid breathing spray.
Rinse all surfaces that come in contact with food such as countertops, appliances, tables, and stovetops with potable water before reuse. Do not use it on utensils, glassware, and dishes.
For fungicidal activity: Defender Disinfectant RTU is an effective one-step fungicide against Trichophyton interdigitale when used on hard, non-porous surfaces in areas such as locker rooms, dressing rooms, shower and bath areas, and exercise facilities. Allow the surface to remain visibly wet for 10 minutes.
For mold and mildew: Repeat treatment every 7 days or more often if new growth appears.
This product is not for use on medical device surfaces.
*KILLS HIV-1 AND HBV AND HCV ON PRE-CLEANED ENVIRONMENTAL SURFACES / OBJECTS PREVIOUSLY SOILED WITH BLOOD / BODY FLUIDS in health care settings or other settings in which there is an expected likelihood of soiling of inanimate surfaces/objects with blood or body fluids and in which the surfaces/objects likely to be soiled with blood or body fluids can be associated with the potential for transmission of Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 or Hepatitis B Virus or Hepatitis C Virus.
Special Instructions for Cleaning and Decontamination against HIV-1 or HBV or HCV on Surfaces / Objects Soiled with Blood / Body Fluids.
Personal Protection: Clean-up must always be done wearing protective gloves, gowns, masks, and eye protection.
Cleaning Procedure: Blood and other body fluids containing HIV or HBV, or HCV must be thoroughly cleaned from surfaces and objects before the application of Defender Disinfectant RTU.
Contact Time: Leave surface visibly wet for 1 minute for HIV-1 and 10 minutes for HBV and HCV. Use a 10-minute contact time for disinfection against all other viruses, bacteria, and fungi claimed.
Disposal of Infectious Material: Blood, body fluids, cleaning materials, and clothing must be autoclaved and disposed of according to local regulations for infectious waste disposal.
For use as a One-Step Cleaner and Disinfectant by Electrostatic Spraying:2,5
The electrostatic spray application method is not to be used to treat surfaces for sanitization or fungicidal claims.
• Ensure bystanders and pets are not present in the room during application.
• Clean visibly dirty surfaces prior to spraying.
• Wear an N95-filtering facepiece respirator or half-face respirator with an N95 filter and eye protection (goggles, face shield, or safety glasses) when spraying.
• Select a spray nozzle that produces spray droplet particles with a volume median diameter (VMD) ≥80 µm.
• Place the electrostatic spray function in the ON position for electrostatic spray models that have the functionality to toggle ON/OFF.
• Hold the sprayer nozzle 6 – 8 inches away from the target surface. Starting at the highest point and working down to the lowest point, spray target surfaces using a smooth methodical “S” pattern. To avoid leaving gaps in sprayed surfaces, overlap previously treated surfaces when moving onto subsequent sections.
• The target surface must remain visibly wet for 10 minutes. Re-apply the product as necessary to keep the surface visibly wet for the duration of the contact time. Wipe surfaces dry.
• Allow the treated room to remain unoccupied for 15 minutes before reentering.
FOR USE ON SEALED FINISHED FLOORS: Apply with a damp mop or auto scrubber. Allow the surface to remain visibly wet for 10 minutes. Wipe or allow to air dry.
TO CLEAN AND DEODORIZE: Apply undiluted to hard, non-porous, non-food surfaces with a cloth, mop, sponge, or sprayer. Wipe or allow to air dry. Rinse all surfaces that come in contact with food such as countertops, exteriors of appliances, tables, and stovetops with potable water before reuse. Do not use it on utensils, glassware, and dishes.
TO SANITIZE SOFT SURFACES11: Hold bottle 6” – 8” from the surface and spray until the fabric is wet. Fabric must remain visibly wet for 5 minutes. Allow fabric to air dry. Visibly soiled areas must be cleaned prior to sanitizing.
WATER DAMAGE RESTORATION AGAINST ODOR-CAUSING BACTERIA AND FUNGI FOR HOME, INSTITUTIONAL AND INDUSTRIAL USE
This product is particularly suitable for use in water damage restoration situations against odor causing bacteria on the following porous and semi-porous materials: carpets, carpet cushions, subfloors, drywall, trim, and frame lumber, tackless strip and paneling. Saturate the affected materials with enough product to remain visibly wet for at least 10 minutes.
Sewer Backup and River Flooding: During mitigation procedures, remove visible filth or heavy soil along with non-salvageable materials. Saturate all affected areas with a coarse spray device before and after cleaning and extraction.
Carpets, Carpet Cushions, and Other Porous Materials such as Subfloors, Drywall, Trim and Frame Lumber, Tackless Strip, and Paneling: For water damage from a clean source, extract excess water. Test hidden area for colorfastness. Remove visible filth or heavy soil. Saturate all affected areas with a coarse spray device. Roll, brush, or agitate into the materials and allow materials to remain visibly wet for 10 minutes. Follow with a thorough extraction. Dry rapidly and thoroughly.
Special instructions For Cleaning Carpet Against Odor Causing Bacteria: Use this product in industrial and institutional areas such as motels, hotels, and schools. Use it on wet-cleanable synthetic fibers. Do not use it on wool. Vacuum the carpet thoroughly prior to cleaning. Test fabric for colorfastness. Do not mix this product with other cleaning products. Follow the cleaning procedures specified by the manufacturer of the cleaning equipment. After using the product, set the carpet pile and protect the carpet from furniture legs and bases while drying. Do not over-wet. If applied to stain-resistant nylon carpet, apply a fabric protector according to the manufacturer’s directions.
Use Defender Disinfectant RTU on washable hard, nonporous surfaces of:
- Soft surfaces
- Furniture, such as couches and chairs
- Seat cushions
- Window treatments
- Shower curtains
- Stuffed animals
- Diaper bags
Also for use on other hard nonporous surfaces made of:
- Glazed ceramic
- Glazed enameled surfaces
- Glazed porcelain
- Laminated surfaces
- Plastic (such as polystyrene or polypropylene)
- Sealed stone
- Stainless steel
- Vinyl or plastic upholstery
- Glazed tiles
- Finished woodwork
Areas of Use and Types of Surfaces
- Clinics Dental offices
- Health Care Facilities Hospitals
- Medical Offices
- Medical related facilities
- Nursing homes
- Sick rooms
- Daycare centers
- Bars cafeterias
- Convenience stores
- Food processing plants
- Food storage areas
- Institutional kitchens
- Restaurants [front of house]
- USDA inspected food processing facilities
- Athletic facilities
- Barber shops
- Business and office buildings
- Correctional facilities
- Dressing rooms
- Exercise facilities
- Institutional facilities
- Locker rooms
- Public facilities
- Public restrooms
- Shower and bath areas
- Playground equipment
- Animal laboratories
- Dairy farms
- Hog farms
- Mushroom farms
- Poultry farms
- Pet animal quarters
- Pet shops
- Turkey farms
- Emergency police/EMS/fire/rescue vehicles
- Mobile homes
- Transportation terminals
Defender Disinfectant RTU may be used on washable hard, nonporous surfaces
- Appliances, exteriors
- Bathroom fixtures
- Bathtubs fiberglass
- Coils and drain pans of air conditioning and refrigeration equipment and heat pumps
- Conductive flooring
- Countertop laminates
- Garbage cans
- Kennel runs
- Microwave ovens, exteriors
- Refrigerators, exteriors
- Refrigerated storage and display equipment
- Shower stalls
- Fiberglass shower stalls
- Fiberglass Sinks
- Bathroom-kitchen sinks
- Toilet bowls
- Toilet bowl surfaces
- Tubs (fiberglass)
- Ultrasonic baths
- Urinals Walls
- Whirlpool tubs units
Non-critical Medical Equipment Surfaces:
- Medical examining tables
- Hospital lamps
- Rescue tools
- Medical/Hospital scales
Non-critical medical device surfaces:
- Bed frames
- Bed rails
- Hospital beds